Study Visa

If you want to study in any country, you will need to get a student visa. It can be a long process. There are usually several steps to apply for a student visa. So make sure you start preparing well in advance – at least three to five months before your course is due to start. Thus, don't wait and apply for a student visa right now from I-Win IELTS and Visa Consultants. You can check the visa process for various countries below.

The United States of America: In general, prospective students will go through five stages when applying for a US student visa:

  • Apply to and be accepted by a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-approved school in the US (six to twelve months before US study).
  • Pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee.
  • Complete a US student visa application along with a recent photo(s).
  • Pay the visa application fee.
  • Schedule and attend a visa interview.

The United Kingdom: There are two student categories under Tier 4 of the points-based system:

  • Tier 4 (General) Student Visa – This visa category is for students coming to the UK for higher education. The applicant must be at least 16 years old.
  • Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa – This visa category is for children between 4 and 15 years of age coming to the UK for their education. Children between 4 and 15 years can only be educated at independent fee-paying schools.

Canada: A foreign national on a study visa in Canada can bring their spouse and dependent children to Canada. The spouse can also apply for an open work permit. They can work for a Canadian employer for the time the study visa of their partner is valid. However, if the spouse wants to study, they will have to apply for a separate study visa.

Study visa holders can also bring their dependent children to Canada. The children can stay for the duration of the study visa in Canada. Minor children can pursue their school education provided their parents can work or study in Canada. A dependent child should be below the age of 22.

Australia: To study in Australia, you will need to take an Australian student visa. You must be able to explain to the Department of Home Affairs that you meet the following key Australian student visa requirements:

  • Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement
  • Financial requirements
  • English proficiency requirements
  • Health and character requirements

You’ll also require to complete an Australian student visa application form, pay the visa application fee, and perhaps attend an interview.

Germany: Do you need a visa to study in Germany?

  • For studies that last up to 3 months, you need a Schengen visa.
  • For studies that last more than 3 months, you need a German national visa.

If you enter Germany with a national visa, you have to extend your stay by getting a German residence permit for studies at the Foreigner’s Office. It would be best if you did this while your entry visa is still valid.

New Zealand: To qualify for a student visa, you’ll need:

  • To be accepted for a course at an education institute approved by the Ministry of Education or the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
  • Money for your tuition fees or proof that you have a scholarship that pays your fees
  • Proof you have enough money to live on while you’re in NZ.
  • A ticket out of NZ or evidence that you have enough money to buy one.

Singapore: In Singapore, a student visa is referred to as a student pass, and universities in this country are known as Institutes of Higher Learning (IHL). As an international student in Singapore intending to attend any academic program serving more than 30 days, you must apply for this student pass.

Your visa or pass application is submitted to the Student's Pass Online Application and Registration or SOLAR system, the country's official registration system.

Student pass applications are processed directly by the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for applicants up to 19 years who wish to attend a private institution. Students above the age of 20, who want to study vocational, commercial, language, or fine arts courses, may be asked to appear for an interview.

Schengen: If you are looking to study in Europe for fewer than three months, you should apply for a standard Schengen Visa that will allow you to travel throughout its member states. However, if you want to study for longer, you should apply for a Long-Stay National Student Visa from the country's embassy you are planning to check in.

For more information Contact us. Our contact details are available below.

Our Most Popular Courses

You can find the most popular courses for improving your English language along with IELTS here.

Overseas Education

Looking for Quality Abroad Education?

If you are looking for a good quality education in a foreign country. Don't Worry! We will take care of your future career. We will provide admissions to well-known universities and colleges overseas.

350+ Universities in 17 Countries: